Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for an Analyst (Technology Scout) with technology-related experience to join the Hyundai CRADLE Investment Group in Menlo Park, CA.
The CRADLE Investment Group is looking to add talented team members who are eager to learn more about future automotive, mobility, and other key strategic areas for Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). You have experience working in strategy, technology and / or startups. You will be part of the team making strategic investments into promising startups and working in collaboration with our colleagues across the company.
- Supports Investment Group throughout the strategic investment process:
- Actively sources new deals for the team by attending industry events, meeting startups, and/or leveraging tech and investor networks
- Can quickly provide relevant research materials to the team
- Conducts due diligence of investment targets
- Due diligence could include product-market fit and competitiveness, business (revenue) model, valuation, potential co-investors, business risks, strategic fit, and post-investment development plan
- Collaborates with colleagues to write reports for investments and other related opportunities
- Monitors designated portfolio companies post-investment and writes update reports to communicate with internal stakeholders
- Creates and presents reports about technology trends or new strategic investment opportunities for Hyundai
- Stays up to date and researches about emerging technologies trends
- Supports other CRADLE colleagues in feasibility assessment of new concept ideas and researches market potential for identified technologies.
- Must be intellectually curious, able to digest lots of new information quickly and formulate and iterate on a point of view
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to represent Hyundai CRADLE professionally
- Must have prior experience working in teams and be a team player, but also individually motivated to work hard and get things done in a timely manner
- Must have a growth mindset, can quickly adapt to changes, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Travel 20% domestic and international