Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is the design, technology and engineering arm for all North American models of the Korean-based Hyundai-KIA Motors Group.
Our success in satisfying the demands of increasingly sophisticated consumers is a direct result of the investment Hyundai has made in the future of American automotive engineering. We are committed to becoming the leading automotive maker by delivering uncompromising quality and maximum customer satisfaction through revolution and change.
We are seeking a Connected Car (Telematics) Product Development Engineer to be responsible for development of our Next Generation BlueLink & UVO Connected Car (Telematics) services for the North America vehicle platforms at our Superior Township, MI.
Activities will span all phases of development including requirements, design, implementation, validation, release, and maintenance.
- Responsible in assisting with the development of a North America Connected Car (Telematics) system by leading the system validation efforts. This will include creating validation procedures, conducting bench and field validation and tracking development progress.
- Conduct studies/clinics, evaluate competitive systems, revising / creating specifications and troubleshooting the vehicle sub-system interactions.
- Participate and/or conduct design reviews that include requirements development, system/component specifications, analysis/modeling, design, verification and validation.
- Responsible for development and validation off-board application (Smartphone or server based).
- Knowledge of GSM, CDMA, UMTS, WCDMA, LTE, 3G/4G technologies
- Experience with automotive product development process (concept to launch).
- Remain current with new technology and competitive products as a means to drive new innovative features and functions.
- Remain current with regulatory requirements (local, State, Federal) for Connected Car (Telematics) , hands-free communications, VII, DSRC and other infotainment applications. Includes FMVSS and CMVSS regulations and pending changes.
- Experience with end-to-end vehicle Connected Car (Telematics) architectures, mobile and wireless computing architectures, and short and mid-range wireless technologies, including: 802.11 and Bluetooth
- Knowledge of feature set vs. cost when evaluating integration and partitioning studies for future systems.
- Experience with developing, completing and evaluating FMEA’s and DV/PV plans.
- Work with the supply base to answer questions pertaining to requirements, specifications, performance data and defect analysis.
- Travel both domestically and internationally 15%