Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is looking for a Powertrain Quality Engineer at our North America Quality Center in Chino, CA. In this role you will improve quality of Hyundai/Kia vehicles by systematically conducting investigations and root cause analyses of reported problems.
- Investigate quality issues on Hyundai or Kia vehicles responding to requests from Hyundai Motor Group, sales affiliates, vehicle assembly plants, warranty claims and sudden increase.
- Conduct field or on-site investigations to collect subjective and objective data during driving to identify concern condition.
- Gather driving condition, record and analyze data to diagnose root cause.
- Create Technical Reports on investigations, analysis and recommendations for HMG R&D and Quality teams.
- Provide technical support for quality-related meetings and product evaluation programs with sales affiliates, JDP, and other contract companies.
- Provide Engineering Support to dealers for non-fixable problems by performing root cause analysis.
- Establish plans to support Durability/Reliability/ testing for new models to prevent reoccurring or cyclic issues
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to research differences and improve Hyundai/Kia vehicle systems.
- Research, procure and maintain new technology, tools, and methods for data acquisition or analysis.
- Create and present technical reports as assigned.
- Perform administrative functions such as purchasing requests, vacation requests, travel requests, etc.
- Perform additional projects as assigned.
- Travel up to 40% of time domestically and internationally.