Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc (HATCI) is looking for a Body Closure Engineer for our Superior Township, MI facility who will:
- Design and develop of Body Closure mechanism parts such as Door window regulator systems, Door opening mechanisms (hinges, door checkers, inside/outside door handles and latches), Hood opening mechanisms (hinges and latches), Trunk Lid/ Tail Gate opening mechanisms (hinges, latches, gas lifters, power systems) and Sunroofs.
- Apply engineering principles for part design, manufacturing processes (molding, stamping, welding) and assembly processes.
- Utilize CATIA V5 and other Engineering tools to create and modify 3D data and 2D drawings.
- Negotiate styling, packaging and design/manufacturing requirements with the Design Studio.
- Support and interface with manufacturing team for vehicle development and production.
- Work with suppliers on planning and design progress for part development.
- Estimate, create and control cost/mass targets for component parts.
- Support vehicle and component development design milestones.
- Create and present technical reports to communicate project status and results to cross functional teams and management. Create research project proposals based on management direction for Body Closure related components to improve quality, cost/mass or performance.
- Participate in benchmarking activities for trends, support vehicle tear-down activities to analyze components and report findings.
- Assess quality data (field claims, JD Powers and warranty) to make engineering improvements.
- Minimal Domestic travel - less than 30%.
Qualified employees are eligible for some of HATCI's excellent benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision
- Great paid holidays, vacation and personal time off
- Flexible works schedule
- Vehicle Lease Programs for eligible candidates
- Relocation assistance for qualified moves
- Employee Recognition
- Fitness Facilities/Meditation Room to fit lifestyles of our employees.
Why Hyundai? Why Now?
- If you are a person looking to work on improving technology and make innovating changes in automotive industries, this is the place to be.
- Our Engineers in Michigan, California and through the world are continuously developing revolutionary new technologies to provide the world with safer, greener vehicles with the features that will increase the enjoyment of driving everyday.
- Hyundai was presented with two top safety picks by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: 2015 Elantra Sedan and 2015 Sonata, in additon to presenting Top Safety Pick award to 2015 Genesis