Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc.(HATCI) is currently looking for a Powertrain Drivability Calibration Engineer to start at our Chino, CA Location. In this role you will:
- Evaluate & test Hyundai/Kia development vehicles: perform root cause analysis of drivability and performance items. Recommend & develop calibration countermeasures and co-work to validate improvement.
- Plan & participate in evaluation test trips, co-work to validate drivability for best match to US market expectation.
- Conduct vehicle testing for objective measures of performance, fuel economy, and subjective measures of powertrain performance feel, for both competitor and HMG models (Hyundai, Kia, Genesis)
- Process objective data with Matlab, Excel, and/or other relevant software.
- Analyze competitor vehicle tuning and identify key features, including fuzzy logic behavior/structure.
- Analyze US market feedback from customers and media, comprehend powertrain tuning issues for Hyundai/Kia vehicles, and provide recommendations for countermeasures.
- Create production engine and transmission calibrations for some or all of the following: driver demanded torque map, tip-in/tip-out torque filter, transmission shift patterns, torque converter lock-up pattern, torque converter lock-up control, fuzzy transmission logic (up/downhill, lift-foot upshift inhibition), selectable drive modes, cruise control.
- Manage a production calibration project through multiple development phases, from concept to production
- Follow market feedback and provide drivability calibration countermeasures for IQS PP100 & other issues.
- Analyze US market driving patterns and support continuous improvement of objective testing, data processing, data analysis tools, and calibration strategies and methods.
- Support development of concept demonstration vehicles targeting proper performance feel for the US market.
- Support analysis and development of conventional and smart cruise control, and selectable & adaptive drive modes
- Support other Management requests as they occur.
- Assist in planning and monitoring of project budgets.
- Create and present technical reports for all engineering projects & activities.
- Perform administrative functions such as budget approval requests, travel requests, etc.
- Perform additional projects as assigned.
- Travel up to 25% of time domestically and internationally.