HATCI is an automotive R&D center specializing in automotive design, testing, certification and development of new technology for Hyundai and Kia Automobile companies. Our legal department is seeking a paralegal to support the work of the General Counsel at HATCI’s Superior Township headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Critical thinking, problem solving and ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactively assist attorneys, paralegals, engineers and administration department staff
- Routine administrative duties (copy, index, label, file and manage data – paper and electronic)
- Meet or exceed deadlines with attention to detail, skill and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project ownership
As a corporate paralegal you will focus your attention on issues and goals relating to the development and management of corporate governance, policies and procedures and operational regulations. You will serve as the lead reviewer of many operational and substantive policies and procedures related to the operation of the company. This governance responsible for ensuring that HATCI obtains and maintains the appropriate permits, licenses and regulatory compliance on both the state and federal level. Responsibilities will also include auditing, communicating and educating HATCI team members on their compliance with HATCI operational regulations and business objectives.
Facilitate, generate and negotiate transactional documents, including but not limited to: Non-Disclosure Agreements, Immigration, Patent, Contracts, Employment Agreements and other legal documents as needed.
Administer customs documents for the import and export of automobiles and automotive parts.
Facilitate, manage or assist with the administration of the corporation books and minutes.
Litigation management, support and related activities, including working with affiliates and outside counsel as needed for the support of litigation matters.
Facilitate, manage or assist with the administration of the corporation 401k and Investment Programs.
Handle expense reporting and internal finance issues for the department, including processing invoices and reimbursements and preparing budgets for legal department spending.
Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy legal documents.
Generate internal reports to management and departments to facilitate the legal department goals and obligations.
Perform administrative functions such as timecard, vacation requests, travel requests, etc.
Perform additional projects as assigned.
Qualified employees are eligible for some of HATCI's excellent benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision
- Great paid holidays, vacation and personal time off
- Flexible works schedule
- Vehicle Lease Programs for eligible candidates
- Relocation assistance for qualified moves
- Employee Recognition
- Fitness Facilities/Meditation Room to fit lifestyles of our employees.
Why Hyundai? Why Now?
- If you are a person looking to work on improving technology and make innovating changes in automotive industries, this is the place to be.
- Our Engineers in Michigan, California and through the world are continuously developing revolutionary new technologies to provide the world with safer, greener vehicles with the features that will increase the enjoyment of driving everyday.
- Hyundai was presented with two top safety picks by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: 2015 Elantra Sedan and 2015 Sonata, in addition to presenting Top Safety Pick award to 2015 Genesis