Hyundai KIA America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Digital Modeler at our KIA Design Center in Irvine, CA that will:
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create Class-A (Single Span) 3D models from 2D drawings and input from Designers.
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models based on scan data through reverse engineering for visual review and based on designers' illustrations/verbal direction for visual review.
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models for fabrication with Rapid Prototype machines, and CNC milling machine.
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create Models of 'hard parts' - for example headlight, taillight, etc. - based on scan data/ engineering criteria, sketches and verbal direction.
- Meet design specifications from Engineering and deadlines established by Design Managers.
- Create Digital Models assuring accuracy of the general appearance and the articulated parts while realizing the requirements of the fabrication team.
- Create animations - for example turn table and various parts in - for presentations and reviews.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Create and present technical reports as assigned.
- Perform additional projects as assigned.
- Work closely with Designers, Engineers, Fabricators, Clay Modelers, and Color & Trim in a harmonious fashion.
- Travel up to 20% of time domestic and/or internationally.