Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a highly qualified Automotive Technician for our Proving Ground in California City, CA. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- General automotive technician work.
- Remove and replace vehicle components, including prototype components.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex vehicle issues across all vehicle systems.
- Install, test, and operate vehicle test equipment and instrumentation.
- Assist Engineers with troubleshooting and analysis of failed parts and systems.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment with other technicians and engineers.
- Fully document vehicle repairs and modifications in a database environment.
- Component modification and fabrication.
- Parts and equipment ordering.
- Maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized shop environment.
Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.
- PC skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with all vehicle systems (engine, transmission, HVAC, chassis, electrical & body)
- Familiarity and experience with vehicle data acquisition systems and transducers.
- Excellent CAN tools and data analysis skills.
- Basic MIG & Acetylene Welding and metal fabrication.
- Ability to multi-task and meet time restraints.
- Prior experience with automotive development or testing a bonus.
- Excellent vehicle diagnostic skills.