Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for an Open Innovation Project Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE team in Menlo Park, CA. You would work in collaboration with the Strategy & Technology Division (STD) of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). In this role, you will:
- Report to Strategy and Technology Open Innovation Manager who oversees open innovation projects
- Also work on pre-investment evaluation projects, working closely with investment managers, as well as work on strategy projects initiated by the head of CRADLE
- Participate/Manage post-investment Open Innovation projects that are proof-of-concept or pilot projects, working with outsourced engineers and startups partners, as well as teams in HQ to conduct the daily tasks for the project and prove strategic values from portfolio companies
- Participate/Manage pre-investment Evaluation Projects to evaluate technology of potential investment targets and support an investment thesis with validation or verification
- Participate/Manage Strategy & Business Development Projects that produces strategic insights and/or future business opportunities, working often with external consulting/research firm, affiliate organizations in US and stakeholders from HQ
- Lead/Participate market/technology trend intelligence analysis to create and publish CRADLE’s intelligence reports
- Leverage assessment of CRADLE’s portfolio gaps to develop new concept opportunities for future investments or internal development.
- Proactively identify, propose, and plan projects to explore new business model and technical competencies relative to HMG’s current core technology and business practices.
- Travel 30% domestic and international