Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Telematics Senior Engineer to join our Electronic Systems Development Department in Superior Township, MI.
The team member is responsible with ensuring the successful, reliable & repeatable delivery of Bluelink, UVO or other brand marketing telematics core features and services to the respective Hyundai and Kia subscribers. The Senior Engineer position is considered a lead position and will include the responsibility of overseeing the technical execution of the end-to-end (E2E) solution during development to ensure the full integration and functionality of the system through collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders (i.e. HMG R&D, suppliers, all quality departments and the respective connected car or product planning teams). Since telematics includes multiple stakeholders, the senior engineer is expected to have a working knowledge of the vehicle architecture, server environment implementation (inclusive of the back-end architecture and protocol), cellular functionality, good troubleshooting / root cause analysis and be proficient with both oral and written communication skills, so effective and efficient communication is provided to management and all Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
- Lead and/or participate in the validation of the full E2E telematics implementation based upon Test Development Plans (TDP’s). Inclusive in this endeavor is the ability to create and update the TDP’s, so as to improve the validation efficiency. Identifying issues and specification deficiencies that prevent the system from functioning per the TDP, accurately reporting these issues or concerns into the company database for tracking and assigning the issue to the appropriate stakeholder are also inclusive to the roles and responsibilities of the candidate. The engineer shall follow the company methodology with issue reporting, perform technical analysis to provide probable root cause, manage risks, issues and actions to closure, direct all vehicle modification implementations, evaluate supplier Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), evaluate supplier Development Validation (DV) / Production Validation (PV) plans and create, develop & manage the project scope pertaining to bench and field validation to support all telematics brand marketing systems & service objectives.
- Lead and/or participate in design reviews and workshops with the various stakeholders, so as to define telematics system requirements. This will include all distributors, HMG R&D, suppliers and other internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead the creation of functional specifications based upon the requirements gathered at the aforementioned design reviews and workshops. This will include HATCI-ESD peer-to-peer reviews and other stakeholder reviews to ensure implementation clarity and shall be created using the approved HMG format.
- Lead and/or participate the conversion of the specifications into a TDP and execution plan, so as to provide direction to other validation engineers, close action items, provide status to the validation progress, monitor the execution plan to ensure successful delivery and provide analysis/feedback to the overall telematics implementation and vehicle launch process.
- Lead the creation and presentation of technical reports for management review. Report content will vary depending upon the scope of work, but typical reports will include project status, technical advancements, new trends and competitive benchmark studies.
- Lead and/or participate in the support of all Quality Division gate activities (i.e. Gate 3, Gate 4 and Gate 5) prior to the launch of the project for a given vehicle platform.
- Lead and/or participate in conducting competitive vehicle benchmarking activities. Plan and schedule evaluations with suppliers, distributors and HMG R&D as appropriate, prepare vehicles, run evaluation and report findings. Also support HATCI-Product Planning customer clinics related to Electronics System Development (ESD) efforts.
- Lead and/or participate in cost saving initiatives along with activities that will analyze revenue streams and improve upon the overall business model of the telematics system.
- Lead and/or participate with the research of new technologies by attending supplier demonstrations, visiting trade shows or reviewing trade journals. Report on findings and make recommendations for future products. This will also include providing monthly articles in support of the monthly ESD Newsletter.
- Perform additional projects & tasks as assigned to support the overall mission, vision & goals of HATCI and HATCI-ESD.
- Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.