Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Certification Test Team Engineer to join the team. Located in Superior Township, MI you will be:
- Responsible for scheduling all testing for the Certification and Compliance Team.
- The CTT Engineer will be expected to review the data, perform routine analysis, determine that all test procedural requirements are met by the testing entities regardless of whether they are in-house, or outside contractors.
- Fill out and update required documentation, both in-house and regulatory.
- Ensure that all regulatory daily, monthly and annual calibration checks are being appropriately performed and documented by vehicle test lab.
- Issues reports as required, coordinate decisions regarding additional or repeat testing with the appropriate test requestor(s).
- Assist with root cause analysis of vehicles/tests related to Certification and Compliance testing. Prepare and submit engineering reports to management and agencies.
- The CTT Engineer will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating all testing, with the vehicle emission lab, for the Certification and Compliance Teams. Testing may also involve HMG and/or outside facilities. CTT testing will primarily include emissions & fuel economy for IUVP, Certification / Compliance (EDV, FEDV, EVAP, DDV), and may also include mileage accumulation, coastdown testing, special driving pattern arrangements, and other emissions-related testing
- The CTT Engineer will be expected to review the emissions & fuel economy data, perform routine analysis of the data, determine that all test procedural requirements are met by the testing entities, fill out and update required documentation, both in-house and regulatory.
- The CTT Engineer should have in-depth knowledge of emission & fuel economy testing procedures or be capable of quickly becoming educated regarding such procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the certification process, including automotive certification testing, automotive engineering principles and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle emissions regulations knowledge, such as CFR 40 Parts 86, 600, and 1066, or a clear understanding of capability necessary to review, interpret, and apply such regulations
- Working knowledge of on-board diagnostic system operation, and diesel systems beneficial
- Working knowledge of HEV / PHEV / BEV would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of ETAS (INCA) and/or CAN DB tools would be beneficial
- Proper and complete coordination of communication(s) between test requestor(s) and the testing entities, as well as efficient planning and performance of testing is the primary goal of this staff.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary for this position. Conflict resolution between test requestors and test entities related to timing, deadlines and performance quality will be another critical factor in this role.
- The CTT Engineer will be expected to have strong people skills. Must be a proven communicator with a solid testing or test management background.
- Travel up to 15% (domestic and international)