Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is looking for a Product Planning Market Analyst that will Analyze Industry, Vehicle, Technology and Consumer trends for U.S. market, with focus on providing input and recommendations to support development of Hyundai/Kia Light (Passenger) Vehicles, including Passenger Car, Truck and Sport Utility segments. Position reports within the Product Planning Organization and is located in Superior Township, MI (just East of Ann Arbor).
Initial focus will be on creating reports and recommendations for Senior Management based on market findings with subsequent work becoming more specific as it relates to customer identification, product positioning, brand identity, and vehicle specifications. In this role you will:
- Benchmark key vehicle entries and issue summary reports
- Monitor & report on competitor actions and trends in multiple segments
- Assess market "White Space" opportunities
- Create product recommendations for future Hyundai and Kia Light Duty vehicles
- Coordinate any necessary market research and supplier activities
- Purchase and manage 3rd party resources (reports, consulting, etc.) in support of global, industry and vehicle trends
- Attend auto shows throughout the world as applicable and submit cohesive reports that identify industry and vehicle trends, including key technologies and strategies
- Author competitive analysis and forecasting studies
- Develop industry and competitor sales analyses
- Mine data and analyze the results to create reports with recommendations that support organization decision-making
- Handle administrative functions such as purchasing requests, meeting schedules, etc.
- Support reviews with engineering groups in Korea
- Provide status reports, usually written, to senior management
- Serve as experienced mentor and resource, offering guidance to less experienced team members
- Occasional domestic travel may be expected for consumer research, auto/trade shows and corporate meetings up to 20% of the time.