Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc (HATCI) is looking for a Senior Designer for our Irvine, CA facility who will:
- Create background drawings and clay modeling support documents such as point and data sheets, templates, etc. for sue by designers and sculptors from information and data received from Engineering Design.
- Transfer data and release surface to both internal (Engineering Design) and external supplier(functions).
- Design clay exteriors and interior armatures and create drawings for fabricators; monitor suppliers to assure quality.
- Plan, coordinator and monitor white light scanning activity. Complete and submit all purchasing documentation relating to scanning. Perform design studies and analyses for criteria compliance by scanning model and comparing drawing data and variances.
- Track Studio Design issues and variances and consult with Engineering Design and Suppliers to resolve issues; create reports detailing issues and resolution.
- Develop alternative solutions for design problems or conflicts between design concept and engineering criteria.
- Communicate design issues or conflicts to HATCI engineers and resolve problems.
- Benchmark competitive vehicles and new technologies; scan center lines for proportions, execution, and materials.
- Monitor changes to Class A surface development relative to design theme and intent post clay model approval by Engineering and Design.
- Create Engineering packages for show vehicles and coordinate data transmittal to and from vendors.
- Purchase CATIA software and hardware-update and install software and support systems and monitor engineering plotter functionality.
- Maintain full size package drawings on studio boards for all programs; create support drawings as needed.
- Serve as one of our contact points with SE team in Korea.
- Working as the main hub between design, clay, CAS and milling.
- Create and present technical reports as assigned.
- Perform administrative functions such as PR, timecards, PTO requests.etc.
- Perform additional projects as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.