Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is looking for an Intern for the Engineering Design Department at the Montgomery, AL facility located in the Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama plant that will:
- Support the HATCI Engineering Design Team in the development of vehicle design improvement concepts, validate and release for current production vehicles. Focus on continuously improving quality, cost, mass and performance. Support manufacturing plants and local suppliers daily with a creative mindset that will improve our products. Serve as a technical design support liaison to HMG R&D and other HATCI teams within our organization as required.
- Provide technical design support for current production and new vehicle launch builds as assigned. Confirm design for manufacturability, focus on warranty claim prevention and overall design for quality customer products. Generate issue lists, propose countermeasures, validate improvement recommendations and issue engineering changes as required. Leverage mentoring opportunities from experienced HATCI Design Engineers as needed.
- Support component testing on design concepts to assess their feasibility and manufacturability for production implementation. Leverage mentoring from experienced HATCI Design engineers as needed.
- Modify and/or create assembly structure utilizing the Bill of Material (BOM) system.
- Modify/Create 2D engineering drawings and associated 3D geometry (surface/solid) based on design change (as applicable) for non-supplier sourced systems. Review 2D drawings and 3D data from suppliers to assure that components meet design specifications, make recommendations for changes and obtain appropriate management approvals. Utilize /operate CAE /CAD tools as required with mentoring from experienced HATCI Design engineers as needed.