Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Chassis Engineer to join the North America Quality Center Team in Chino, CA. In this role one would improve quality of Hyundai/Kia New Model vehicles by systematically conducting investigations and root cause analyses of found problems for all vehicle systems
- Analyze warranty claims to identify top issues, investigate root causes & identify duplicating conditions, & provide reports
- Monitor newly released vehicles during the first 100 Days from a quality standpoint, identify issue and report accurately & timely to HMG
- Knowledge of Chassis Fundamental (Steering, brakes, vibration, ADAS etc.) and HVAC
- Experience with in vehicle sensors (LiDAR, radar, etc.), motor driven steering system, collision avoidance system, adaptive control, lane departure, tire monitor system, etc.
- Familiar with using service manual, experience with shop equipment (tire balancer/charger, lift, etc.) & knowledge of engineering test equipment
- Monitor and analyze data from databases for responsible vehicle system
- Conduct testing on incident vehicles or warranty return parts (independently, with supplier or HMG)
- Work with affiliates through daily communication and monthly meeting to identify & investigate issues
- Familiar with 3rd parties surveys & available websites (JDP (IQS/VDS), Consumer Report, NHTSA, etc.)
- Familiar with setting up test plans and have experience with conducting benchmarking
- Establish and optimize test plans for quality investigation
- Conduct POE, POD, assembly plant inspections, and supplier audits
- Support affiliates (HMG, sales & assembly plants) on quality issues that may arise through Korean Technical or Priority Problem Registrations requests
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to research differences and improve Hyundai/Kia vehicle systems
- Mentor junior engineers within Chassis group
- Conduct monitoring of new models activities which includes POD, POE, JDP CPE, Durability Testing, & 100 Days Quality Stabilization Monitoring with affiliates.
- Create and present technical reports as assigned. Perform additional projects as assigned. Perform administrative functions such as purchasing requests, timecard, vacation requests, travel requests, etc.
- Travel up to 60% of time domestically and internationally.