Hyundai Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Chassis Engineer for its facility in Chino, CA who will:
- Analyze Chassis warranty data to determine emerging trends which require investigation
- Inspect and test parts to identify root cause
- Conduct local and field investigations as needed to determine root cause with duplicable condition
- Benchmark competitive vehicles and provide input to competitive database for Chassis attributes
- Support pre-production events and provide subjective assessments and objective data to rate overall vehicle attributes of future models
- Support plant, port-of-entry and dealership visits to assess quality
- Prepare and make presentations on assigned projects
- Establish test plans and test routes on benchmarking projects
- Research new methods and procure new technology relevant to measurement of Chassis systems and NVH
- Perform administrative tasks such as purchasing requests, vacation and travel requests, etc.
- Support the departmental goals of the NAQC Chassis/Durability group and NAQC
- Travel on short notice, up to 40%, domestically and on occasion, internationally.
The candidate should have a hands-on level of familiarity with traditional Chassis systems such as brakes/suspension/shocks/steering, etc, as well as the function and layout of modern technologies such as stability control, electric power steering, adjustable damping and other technologies.
The candidate should have experience in subjective evaluation of chassis system attributes (Ride/Steering/Handling/Braking performance) and root-cause analysis of potential customer complaint issues such as squeak/rattle, vibration, drift-pull, brake system noise, etc.
The candidate should also be familiar with the use of objective measurement equipment (V-Box, FFT, DAC system, Accelerometers, CAN network, etc) to provide data for chassis system